Cherries SCREAM childhood - and nothing better and more comforting than a cherry clafoutis.
Sweet and tart, they are so moreish in this flan type mixture, definitely a crowd pleaser. This recipe is buy the incredible French chef Guy Savoy.
If you follow the blood type diet®, while cherries are beneficial for most types (yay), milk and cream aren't that great for all, so, indulge for a bite or two if you are a type A or O.
Prepare in 15 minutes, cook in 30.
Preheat your oven at 200ºC.
- Scrape the seeds of the vanilla bean.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and sugar until frothy.
- Add the almonds, cream, milk and mix until the batter is combined and silky.
- Make sure to pick the stems off the cherries, keep the pips in. Rinse the fruits and dry.
- Grease a large pie dish (D25cm x H4cm) with the butter and top with the 25g of sugar. Place all of the cherries in a single layer.
- Pour the batter over the cherries and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- 500g cherries
- 2 eggs
- 75g of sugar
- 25g of ground almonds
- 1 vanilla pod
- 125g double cream
- 125g milk
- 20g butter
- 20g sugar