Hit by the winter blues? In need of a suprise pocket filled with dinner fragrant like your next holiday?
This traditional French preparation "en papillote" or "in parchment" is a great and easy way to capture all the flavors of the fish, infuse it with the ginger and garlic and impress your guests. Pick, chop, cook and eat in 30. Prepare it for your next dinner party, it's so simple!
Cod is beneficial on all blood types, make sure you always buy fish from sustainable fishery.
This recipe is courtesy of D'Adamo Personalized Nutrition®.
Make in 15 minutes
Preheat your oven to 175ºC/350º F.
PREP THE VEG
In a mixing bowl, mix together the garlic, ginger and lemond zest with a pinch of salt and allow to rest for a few minutes. Add the olive oil and mix well.
MAKE THE PAPILLOTE
- Place the cod fillet skin side down (if it has skin) on a large sheet of parchment paper.
- Spoon the ginger and garlic mixture over the fish.
- Fold the paper in half over the fish so edges meet. Create a seam by folding the edge onto itself a few times. Fold the edges on each side of the fish at an angle, to block any liquid from leaking through.
- Place the parchment paper in a layer of aluminum foil and seal.
BAKE & EAT
- Place the fish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve!
- 2 Cod filets about 220g/8oz each
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 85g/3oz fresh ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- The zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- Cilantro leaves, to garnish