Spring is beautiful in bloom, but it can also be a super nightmare for some and certainly the start of a horror movie. I know what you did last spring. You had swollen teary eyes, spoke with the voice of a zombie and scared people on the street sneezing, tissue box in hand. Nightmare I tell you.
But fruits are your friends. Pineapple especially the core contaisn a component called Bromelain that will clear your congestion in no time. Blackberries are packed with anti-oxidants (avoid for type O, replace with blueberries). Citrus fruit helps alleviate allergic symptoms and boost your immune system. Mix it all up and breathe in.
Basic assembly if you buy pre-cut fruits
Make in 2 minutes
- Dissolve the honey in the lemon juice.
- Place the fruits in a bowl, cover in the honeyed juice.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest and some basil leaves and take a photo before you sneeze again.
- 160g Fresh pineapple, sliced or cut in wedges -keep the core if you can!
- A handful of blackberries
- A drizzle of lemon juice
- The zest and juice of a lemon
- A few basil leaves