Eat the right melon at the right time of the year and rejoyce.
This gazpacho is a nice twist from the traditional tomato version, and serving it with fruits makes it playful.
Make this ahead and chill. Serve with chopped baby tomatoes, raspberries, some torn basil and a pinch of paprika.
I usually use a dash of rice vinegar here, but if you follow the blood type diet, swap for lemon juice, it's not ideal but can do.
Make in 10 minutes
Serves 3-4 people as a starter
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- If the mixture is to thick, loosen it up with a couple of tablespoons of water.
- 400g of Cantaloupe melon, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 spelt bread roll, crust removed and discarded (keep it to make breadcrumbs)
- 3 Tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar (for type B if not swap for lemon juice)
- A generous pinch of sea salt
- 1 Teaspoon paprika