Give me a sizzling pan, a salad to toss, a sauce to makeup that will make our tongue tingle, I'm game. Give me an apple, it will stare at me for the rest of its life in my refrigerator.
True story, eating fruit is important. Finding way to incorporate them in my daily in their purest form is a challenge. Let's make it a creative challenge!
Here morning apple, have it everyday! I used nigella seeds also known as fennel flower - yet unrelated to fennel. Unsure about the values of nigella seed on the BTD but assume its neutral.
Make in 5 minutes
Serves 1 - Count 1 apple / person
As easy as it looks.
- Place the apple wedges on a plate nicely centered.
- Squeeze the lime juice all over.
- Drizzle the honey over the apples.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon, lime zest, and nigella seeds.
Say Aaaah, that's your one apple a day.
- 1 red apple variety of your choice, skin on and cut into wedges
- A squeeze of lime
- 1-2 tsp of orange blossom honey
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of nigella seeds
- The zest of 1/2 a lime