Sometimes, you get home, and you know how you want food to make you feel but you don't really know what you want to eat.
This is how the black bean chili curry was born a hybrid curried thick-ish soupy bowl of deliciousness.
Perfect for blood types A and O, this is one to love all winter long, as a soup, a chili/curry with rice, as the base of your tacos, it is here to stay.
Make in 40 minutes
Serves 4 depending how you eat it
- In a large pot over low heat, heat the oil with the garlic, ginger and curry leaves until softened.
- Raise the heat to medium, add the cumin seeds, turmeric and paprika, stir well.
- Cook the onions stirring often and once softened, add the carrots and the black beans.
- Season with sea salt to taste and add enough water to level with the ingredients for a chili base, or a little more if you want a soupy consistency. Cover and simmer over a medium-low heat for 20 minutes stirring occasioannly.
- To finish, drop the spinach in the stew and stir well. When the spinach has just cooked, remove from the heat and enjoy hot!
- 1 Tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- Large onion, peeled finely minced
- A Large thumb of ginger, finely minced
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 1 Teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon of paprika
- 1 Teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 3 Curry leaves
- 2 Carrots, peeled and cut in small cubes
- 2 Cans of organic black beans, drained and rinsed
400g of fresh spinach, washed
Sea salt, to taste
Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
A couple of green onions, finely sliced, to serve