This is a warm salad that is so simple yet so explosive! The sweetness of the leeks balance the saltiness of the soy sauce beautifully and the textures are so soft and tender. Like a big hug. The lime laces the sauce to perfection. This recipe was inspired by Charles Phan at the Slanted Door, it is great as a side dish and served with a grain bowl, prawns or lamb. Enjoy!
Serves 2 hungry, 4 sharers
Make in 30 minutes
- Slice the eggplant 2cm thick, salt evenly on all sides and place on a tray lined with paper towels. Rest for one hour.
- Dry the leek well and cut 4cm lengths. Drizzle olive oil to coat evenly.
- Get a grill over medium heat. Start grilling the eggplant and the leeks, depending on the size of your grill, or in batches.
- Once the vegetables are cooked through, transfer to a mixing bowl, add the tamari, lime zest and juice and mix well.
- Add the fresh coriander, mix well and serve!
- 2 Medium eggplants, peeled
- 1 Leek, quartered lengthwise and washed
- 2 Tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup tamari
- The zest + juice of 1 lime
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves